cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon Stammtisch Frankfurt/M Wednesday
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 19:06:23 GMT
Torsten Knodt wrote:

>>>Good suggestion. I'll be there. I'm interested to know who keeps my
>>>patches in the queue so long. ;)
>>>

>>Mr. Lazy Ass ;-)
>>

>>Welcome to open source.
>>

>Nothing new for me.

Really so (see below) ?

>>But if you bug long enough, you get commit access so that you can patch
>>stuff yourself ;-) so there is hope.
>>

>Bad, very bad. It's like root access. A half day after you have it, you get phone calls
at night to do something, in the callers opinion, really urgent.

Fortunately, that's totally false ;-)

See the second paragraph at http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/who.html : from
my own experience, I can tell you than in 2 years of committership,
personal mails for Cocoon related questions is less than 10.

Moreover, since just because this _is_ OSS, nobody has the right to urge
you to do something, unless you have some support contract with them. In
that case, this is no more OSS, but a business relationship.

Ah, and I don't know people reading their mails while sleeping. If there
are, please stand up ;-)

Sylvain