cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <>
Subject Re: SoC between flow and sitemap
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 06:04:58 GMT

Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Sunday 18 May 2003 01:53 pm, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>You cannot store the continuation ID in a cookie, as the cookie has a
>>single value for the entire browser session, both in time and space
>>(separate windows). The continuation ID *really must* be transmitted by
>>the request (either form values or part of the URI).
> Why not? Nothing stops you from having more than one cookie, and by having
> indirection on the server side, you can change value of each one as you like
> (so to speak).
> Niclas

Hm, I thought continuation id's where catching a very specific
state of the flow-object at server side (with stack-trace and
variables, although I've seen that last part not actually
functioning as I would've expected)

so what cookie do you use then?
client engages to URL1 --> starts flow and server returns a
cookie with CK_NAME1=CONT_ID1

user interaction now results in engaging to URL2, while sending
the CK_NAME1=CONT_ID1 --> continuing the flow where we left of,
and returning a CK_NAME2=CONT_ID2

question: do we unset the CK_NAME1 at that moment?
question: or is CK_NAME1 == CK_NAME2?

either way I could see trouble when the user presesses the back
button and wants to return to the situation in between steps?

hope I'm clear here
Marc Portier
Read my weblog at

View raw message