cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Tests / Samples Code Coverage
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 03:16:04 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>>    http://nagoya.apache.org/~vadim/coverage-tests/
>>(kudos to authors of schematron block for 85.7% coverage!)
>>

>Brilliant. What a useful tool. How do you see it being used
>in an opensource project? Perhaps one committer occasionally
>generates the reports, just as you have done today. Should some
>of us pitch in some dollars so that we can buy this tool for you?

It's free for open source; if we decide to use it I can try and get
license and setup some cron job to run it periodically.

>>But it's real trouble to click through all the samples manually,
>>

>Not sure what you mean here.

To generate this "samples coverage report" you need to compile Cocoon
with Clover (it instruments the code), launch Cocoon, click through all
the samples, and Clover will collect and save code coverage into the
file which is used to create report.
I hint at the fact that automated tests (junit / anteater / whatever)
are much better than samples for purpose of testing because they are
automated - no need to click manually everywhere :)

Vadim