cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: upload problem (WAS: RE: How to use the file uploading mechanism in cocoon)
Date Sat, 17 May 2003 09:41:04 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 16/05/2003 20.15:

> I really don't know and I don't feel like altering the cocoon.Request
> contract makes sense at this stage, we should wait after 2.1 is released
> since we'll have to reconsider the Cocoon object model to take upload
> muhc better into account also in a non-servlet environment (say a mailet
> environment).
>
> what do others think?

It's a big flaw that I have tried in the past to explain. It puts Cocoon
at the mercy of the servlet spec, and makes it dependent from that jar.

We had already basically decided that adding a getInputStream() was
reasonable to add, and would have freed already part of Cocoon from the
Servlet, so +1 to that.

For the Multipart thing, there had already been discussions, but they
were not conclusive, so I'm in favor of deferring that to post 2.1.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -