cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Site went live
Date Sat, 17 May 2003 03:18:41 GMT
Tony Collen wrote:

>On Fri, 16 May 2003, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I've updated the site on cocoon.apache.org. But we still need to update
>>site front pages.
>>

>Hmm.. yes... perhaps more than just 'welcome to the apache cocoon project'
>would be more fitting :)   IMO the 'what is cocoon?' text when you
>navigate to 2.1/ would be good for the front page.  Unless we'd wanna
>stuff news pieces on there too.

I guess something about cocoon.apache.org as top-level project is more
appropriate there than specifics of Cocoon software project. Now we have
lenya sub-project in addition to Cocoon, so me thinks text should be
more generic.

>Hmm, looking at http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/news.html, I see the "first"
>book listed, but not the other two.  Would it be politically correct to
>talk about the other books as well, instead of favoring the one?  I think
>we should mention any book that has to do with Cocoon, and not just the
>first one. Just my $0.02.

Don't throw cents, send patches! :P

PS Who haven't noticed: I've fixed some navigation issues and now it's
more or less consistent. Also, I've installed permanent redirects from
old locations. We've moved out of xml.apache.org completely now.

Vadim