cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: invalid caching problem
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 14:43:19 GMT
Maybe I'm ignorant, but should the expires header has any influence of a
re-request server side? I don't know if only Mozilla is so intelligent, but
for an image with expires header Mozilla avoids to ask again the server.
It's taken from browser cache. But if I force Mozilla to reload the image,
it should be reloaded by Cocoon and not taken from Cache. So IMO the expires
header has no influence on the re-request server side. So there is no
problem when differing between first-time visit and browser-refresh?

I never read any HTTP header spec ;-)

Joerg

--

System Development