cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <>
Subject Re: Cacheable DirectoryGenerator
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 08:44:05 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I've updated the DirectoryGenerator so it is cacheable.
> The problem of this generator, is that the cache validity cannot be
> known until after generation. So the validity object returned to the
> pipeline is initially just a empty placeholder, and is filled with
> file names and modification dates during the pipeline execution phase.
> When pipeline execution is finished, the produced content goes into
> the cache with a validity object which is correctly filled.
> Et voilĂ  ! This technique can be used for others components as well.
> The first that comes to mind is the TraxTransformer to track sources
> included using the document() function.

That takes us closer being able to use XSLT, XQuery or STX as a template
language, as discused in "The search for the perfect template language"
thread. Your solution is very neat, I spent some time trying to solve
the caching problem for the document function during the discussions in
the above cited thread, but didn't find anything as elegant as your

View raw message