cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Kavanagh <...@dotech.com>
Subject transactions in the SQLTransformer
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 05:13:35 GMT
I need to a sequence of sql commands and be able to rollback if anyone
fails. Does the SQLTransformer support transactions? I looked through
the SQLTransformer code to see what this might take to add. Easy to add
the parameter to turn the transaction processing on. The biggest problem
I saw was that connections are used for one query only, then closed. I'd
have to keep the connection open for the duration of query processing. I
can think of ways to do this, but are there any implications I should be
concerned about?
If done right, I could see giving this feature back. Has there been any
demand?

David