cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Enke, Michael" <michael.e...@wincor-nixdorf.com>
Subject Re: _esql_connection.connection should be public
Date Mon, 12 May 2003 12:32:00 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> > IMHO a new esql tag would be the best.
> > If we make it outside esql we have to care about all imports and try/catch
> > and what else is realted to java.sql.* in the xsp. This is not necessary when
> > we make it with esql.
> > If we create a new tag for returning the connection, I propose also to create a
tag
> > for returning a ResultSet and ResultSetMetaData.
> > Than we have more freedom in manipulating/assigning all kind of DB related data.
>
> not sure if ResultSet and ResultSetMetaData is really necessary but...
> care enough for a patch? ;-)

for variable asignment like:

double d[] = new doubel[<esql:get-column-count/>];
for(int i=0;i<d.length;i++) d[i] = _esql_query.getResultSet().getDouble(i+1);

I can not say: d[i] = <esql:get-double><xsp:attribute name="column"><xsp:expr>i</xsp:expr></xsp:attribute></esql:get-double>

Or can I?

What do you think, you patch the Cocoon2EsqlConnection.java for getter methods,
I send a patch for esql logicsheet? What should a choose for the tag names?

Michael