cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject Re: _esql_connection.connection should be public
Date Mon, 12 May 2003 11:11:27 GMT
>>What do you mean? I assume it's ok for you if you have it available
>>through the getter?
>

> Yes, it is ok.

ok... that's the quick work around then

>>Well, from a pratical POV I can understand you might wanna re-use
>>the same connection. But do you really need to have the *same*
>>connection? Just curious... What do you do?
>

> No, I don't need the same connection ;-)
> But I don't know how to get another connection.
> I want to put e.g. "Store Name" in all xsp's which comes from a DB table.

ok... I see...

A much cleaner approach would be to obtain the connection outside
of esql and pass it to esql helper classes. (IIRC the helper classes
already provide such facility but it's not yet implemented inside the
stylesheet) ...or to create a new esql tag that returns the esql
connection. That way everything is still encapsulated by esql.

What do you think?

cheers
--
Torsten