cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Joerg Heinicke as Cocoon committer
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 21:15:25 GMT
on 5/9/03 5:45 AM Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> "Joerg Heinicke" <joerg.heinicke@gmx.de> wrote:
>

>>David Crossley wrote:
>>
>>>I propose Joerg Heinicke as Cocoon committer.
>>
>>Hello,
>>
>>thanks to everyone for the vote (has anybody ever been getting a -1? :-)
>

> It happened once on Tomcat looooooong time ago... A guy was proposed to be a
> committer after posting 3-or-something messages on the dev list, never wrote
> a single line of code, and was proposed to be a committer, so I said -1.
>
> As new committers are elected with a majority vote, it's needless to say
> that he was indeed made a committer, and that (of course) after three other
> messages the guy disappeared and never came back! :-) :-)

Joerg,

it did happen that people got -1 around Apache mail lists. The fact that
never happened here is not a measure of low we consider committership,
but how careful is the act of proposing people for committership.

Cocoon committers come and go, code changes, ideas change, contracts
changes, but the community and the openness spirit remains.

This is what matters.

This is the philosophy of darwinistic software development.

Welcome aboard! :-)

--
Stefano.