cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon merchandise - was: Apache Cocoon logo
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 07:12:36 GMT
On 9/05/2003 8:33 Matthew Langham wrote:

>>I designed the cocoon 2.0 logo to be very easy to render (the svg is
>>minimal!) yet recognizable and easy to print on t-shirt and  other
>>merchandise.
>>

> Hmm.. is there? I mean Cocoon merchandise? Should we set something up
> (cafepress.com - or a European alternative)?
>
> What's the general opinion / legal-view-because-we-would-use-the-logo on
> this?
>
> "Recoginze fellow Cocoon'ers immediately - buy an official Cocoon T-Shirt".
> Proceeds could then go to ...... (something).

Cafepress quality sux badly - when we meet again, I'll give you my
t-shirt with OT-logo I once did over there as a test - if I haven't
thrown it away by then

Cafepress uses iron-on techniques, which tend to be less quality then
screen printing. But the quality of the t-shirt itself was pretty bad as
well (http://www.cafeshops.com/outershop).

This being said, some of you know my wife is the HRM for a local
sheltered workplace which also does t-shirt screen printing, so we might
as well pull off something on our own. We (OT) already did for the
GetTogether.

The ASF is working with http://www.jinxhackwear.com/, but AFAIK, they
don't ship to Europe (http://www.jinxhackwear.com/apache/)

</Steven>