cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: linking from main samples to block samples
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 20:28:07 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>on 5/8/03 4:58 AM Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>>Le Jeudi, 8 mai 2003, à 11:31 Europe/Zurich, Nicola Ken Barozzi a écrit
>>>...We can now style this with xslt in Ant or Cocoon to not show
>>>  items where @exclude="true"
>>Sounds interesting as a static way of knowing which blocks are present.
>>Maybe there's another way, not too hard IIUC: how about an InputModule
>>that find out whether certain Roles are available? Might be more
>>generally useful.
>>I assume a Composable InputModule can ask its component manager for any
>>sitemap component, is that correct?
>>The module could be configured to check for the presence of specific
>>Roles, and report in the sitemap using something like
>>   <map:transform src="someXslt.xsl">
>>     <map:parameter name="fopBlockPresent"
>>   </map:transform>
>Yes, damn it! we have a super-function web publishing system and we
>still are infected with those build-time staticisms.
>get over it: the future is dynamic.

I haven't followed closely the discussion and so this may be a dumb
idea, but we could move .xsamples files from the "conf" dir to the
"samples" dir and aggregate them all through the directory generator :

<map:generate type="dir" src="samples">
  <!-- regexp to include only ".xsamples" files -->
  <map:parameter name="include" value=".*\.xsamples$">
<map:transform src="dir2include.xsl"/>
<map:transform type="xinclude"/>
<map:transform src="samples2html.xsl"/>

Does it make sense ?