cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Cocoon logo [was: Re: www.wyona.org down]
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 20:02:31 GMT
on 5/8/03 6:16 AM C. Gaffga wrote:

> Hi,
> wouldn't it be nice to have this one as the offical logo?

sorry to rain on the party, but I strongly dislike the apache feather
(from an artistic point of view). We should be brave enough to stop
using it.

> And to have it
> also as an svg to render it in every size?

the SVG for the feather is sometimes bigger than the equivalent raster!!!

I designed the cocoon 2.0 logo to be very easy to render (the svg is
minimal!) yet recognizable and easy to print on t-shirt and  other
merchandise.

I'm strongly -1 on changing the logo. The cocoon project logo should be
the same as Cocoon's.

--
Stefano.