cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [FYI] Stefano's Linotype
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 19:02:59 GMT
On 6/05/2003 23:48 Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>>P.S. Can we have a module for Linotype on some CVS repository? It could help
>>Linotype to evolve.
>

> I'm all in favor of donating Linotype to the Cocoon PMC for incubation.
>
> Comments?

Linotype might be a very nice sample and, IIUC, wouldn't add that much
weight to Cocoon CVS itself. Wouldn't a block in cocoon-2.1 CVS be
sufficient?

I'm all +1 if you really want to move towards incubation (as a Cocoon
sub-project?), but Linotype might need some community on beforehand, and
having it inside Cocoon CVS might seed that.

And if it grows too big, we can spin it off properly.

My IMHO, of course.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org