cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Bug] Default-reader depends on JTidy!!!
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 17:09:59 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]

> The above mentioned toSAX() method is not in the excalibur source
> resolving package. It's simply a convenience method in Cocoon,
> that a) first asks the source if it can give SAX and only if not
> then b) gets the stream and feeds this stream into the xmlizer
> together with the mime-type of the Source. And the xmlizer does
> the rest.

I consider this to be a bug.  The toSAX() method should never
be called unless SAX is trully needed.  If the source is never
meant to go through an XML pipeline, then we should not encurr
the overhead of parsing the XML.  THat means the only time
toSAX() should be called is in a Generator.

-----Chris Rock