cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject [list admin] message moderation
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 13:32:13 GMT
Since the three of us (Andrew, Dianñna and myself) have relieved Giacomo
from the cocoon- lists moderation drudgery, our lists are becoming
'subscription-optional', in the sense of 'we moderate so fast that
people don't bother their subscription status'.

I've changed my 'moderation policy' for non-spam mails today:

* I -allow and -accept genuine 'sideway-related' posts, like somebody
from the Xerces list CC'ing cocoon-dev when discussing cross-project
stuff, if I feel like the gal/guy won't bother subscribing anyhow. I
generally only do this for *@apache.org addresses

* I -accept real posts from non-subscribed people only once. When they
persist in not being subscribing after my first manual moderation, I
-reject the next mails they might send with the comment 'Please
subscribe to the list prior to posting using
cocoon-foo-subscribe@xml.apache.org'.

* I don't -reject spam but simply delete it. I assume ezmlm knows how to
handle, and hopefully in a less encouraging way (like 'no mailbox by
this name') rather than 'you need to be subscribed' (which seems
slightly encouraging to me).

Any comments? Are Andrew & Dianna OK with this?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org