cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE RESULTS] allow redirects in handle-errors
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 14:18:08 GMT
Stephan Michels wrote:

<snip/>

>If you have an algorithm/code to avoid endless loops, then I have nothing against a redirect.
>
>The only problem I see with this kind of problems is that people comes crying, if their
webapp crashes because of this trap, and blame Cocoon for it. Same story as for Windows ;-)
Windows is not so restrictive, and you can do more wrong.

Totally OT, but about windows. Have you seen
http://www.secunia.com/advisories/8642/ ? You even don't need an
infinite loop to crash windows : just click on the file (without even
opening it) and Boom ! Funny, eh ?

Sylvain