cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE RESULTS] allow redirects in handle-errors
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 13:44:02 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>Folks,
>>
>>Here are the vote results about allowing redirects in handle-errors (see
>>[1]) :
>>+1 : Sylvain, Bertrand, Carsten
>>-1 : Stephan, Nicola Ken, John, Pier, Peter
>>-0 : Stefano, Torsten
>>
>>The result is clear : redirects should not be allowed in handle-errors.
>>
>>So I will undo my changes.
>>

>I'm -1 on undoing changes :) (Yes, a deadlock!)
>
>Seriously, any chance to make this perhaps configurable, so that I
>can allow redirects for rapid prototyping? This is my last attempt,
>if noone finds the configuration valuable, then let's disallow redirects
>in handle-errors.

I don't like this kind of configuration, as it will introduce sitemap
language dialects that may cause more harm than good...

>But: we are only speaking about the redirect-to tag, right?

Yep. And although we won't be able to redirect the "normal way" using
<map:redirect-to>, we're still able to do it the "hard way" inside an
action. But we shouldn't provide this action as part of the Cocoon
distro ;-)

Some things I understood in the discussion is that we shouldn't let the
loaded gun on the table, but if people want to open the cupboard to take
the gun then it's their problem and their responsibility.

Sylvain