cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <>
Subject Re: [ANN] XInclude processor for xml-commons
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 20:57:05 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Yes. I can only speak for myself (and I encouradge others to speak up if
> I'm mistaken) but I never felt the need for something better. (I do have
> some issues with the fact that SAX is lossy in respect of the original
> whitespace between attributes and attribute order, but that's not an
> issue for cocoon)

1. XPath/XSLT 2.0 proves to be the Next Big Thing and
2. people start to match on *datatypes* rather then element names and/or
3. Cocoon gets used as web services provider,
then you'll get pressure to adapt something which can actually
supply said data types from the schema validator or XQuery generator
to the XSLT processor or SOAP serializer.

View raw message