cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <>
Subject [Fwd: Re: performance bug in JXPath]
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 03:36:51 GMT

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: performance bug in JXPath
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 13:33:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dmitri Plotnikov <>

I finally got around to fixing this.  The newContext() method now
caches the instance factory, so the performance problem with creating a
new context is pretty much gone.  I also fixed some problems with
inheritance of various parameters by a child/nested

The fix is available as of last night's build.

Thank you very much for reporting the bug.

- Dmitri

--- Christopher Oliver  wrote:
> Hi Dmitri,
> I noticed that JXPathContext.newInstance() opens files and other
> resources every time its called, because it in turn calls
> JXPathContextFactory.findFactory(). I've attached a sample program
> and
> the below is the summary of the hprof output of the following
> command:
>    export CLASSPATH=

Do you Yahoo!?