cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Miles Elam <mi...@pcextremist.com>
Subject Re: Last-Modified and If-Modified-Since on pipelines
Date Sat, 03 May 2003 17:51:29 GMT
In my zeal to remove some preliminary ETag support so that you could
have a clean patch, I dropped a very important routine from
CachedResponse.java.  Specifically, it just took
System.currentTimeMillis().  The problem with this is that 999 times out
of 1000, there will be some milliseconds added to seconds: the last
modified value coming from the browser never has milliseconds.
Therefore If-Modified-Since is invalid 999 times out of 1000 and 999
times out of 1000, there will be no 304 response.

When I posted the last patch, I only checked in Mozilla to see that the
last mod time didn't change.  It didn't.  But I never dropped to wget or
telnet to check for 304...I just assumed.  Sorry about that Gianugo.

I've attached a fixed CachedResponse.java file to the bugzilla entry.
(19206)  Just replace the caching/CachedResponse.java in your tree and
recompile.

- Miles Elam