cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: M2 (was RE: defects in M1)
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 21:59:05 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:

>>>All text files in the tar download are in DOS format, and the build.sh
>>>and tools/bin/ant files don't have their executable flags set, so the
>>>tar file was probably not created on a unix system. Carsten?
>>
>>Argh, yes - it has been a so long time since the last release that I
>>totally forgot about doing the release on unix. Sorry, my fault!
>>This will be fixed of course with M2 - so I guess we should make M2
>>by the end of next week. What do others think?
>>

> +1 from me

Just a quick note: I would suggest not to abuse terms. "Milestone" in
the software development world means that some important and previously
defined target has been reached. In theory there should be a roadmap as
a prerequisite to milestones, but that's not a big deal.

However, I'm +1 for releasing fixes soon, but I'm reluctant to call a
"Milestone" a release where the most important achievements are EOL
fixing and executable bits. OTOH, I don't really have any good
suggestions... maybe M1.1?

Of course, if next week there is something more (like a good deal of bug
squashed) it might make sense to call it M2.

Or am I just being too picky? :-)

--
Gianugo Rabellino
Pro-netics s.r.l.