cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Time for an STX block?
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 18:20:56 GMT
I recieved the email below today and forward it FYI.

Is there any interest for a STX block for Cocoon? I have used STX in a
few application for formating large DB output, and it works very well.
XSLT processors normally have to buffer all of their input document, and
that can consume large amount of memory for large documents. STX doesn't
buffer anything at all if you don't ask for it excplicitely.

I have an extremely minimal STX block on my HD, it consists of the
stx.jar and a sitemap snippet (yes, STX implements TRaX and runs
directly out of the box in Cocoon). If there is any interest, I could
add some samples and send in a patch. Joost
http://joost.sourceforge.net/ is relesed under Mozilla Public License
1.1 which AFAIK should be compatible with ASL.

/Daniel Fagerstrom

[Fwd: Accelerated Joost available]
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Accelerated Joost available
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 14:24:47 +0200 (MEST)
From: Oliver Becker <obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
To: stx@gingerall.cz
CC: joost-help@lists.sourceforge.net, stefano@apache.org,
danielf@nada.kth.se

Hello everybody,

normally I don't announce Joost releases on the STX list.
But today I must admit that I'm proud of having accelerated Joost
by the factor 1.3 (or the other way around: time reduced to 75%).
There is also no longer Log4J compiled into the code, instead
Commons Logging will be used (but rather rarely).

So in anticipation of the upcoming new official STX WD I have
released a new Joost version today.

Since I will be in London during the next week, I cannot wait till
Monday to be in sync with the STX spec :-)

Cheers,
Oliver

|  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
|  --+--        E-Mail: obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de             |
|  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |