cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <>
Subject Re: Is a separate cocoon.xconf for "build docs" really needed?
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 11:47:37 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> See for details.
> Currently src/documentation/cocoon.xconf has invalid component
> declarations, I could probably fix them but why not use the standard
> src/webapp/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf for docs as well?
> Having one .xconf would make maintenance easier IMHO.

Heck, I missed that and went away just patching the cocoon.xconf. IIRC,
however, the separate cocoon.xconf was there because doc generation
requires a much simpler Cocoon, so it makes little sense to overload the
Component Manager with unneeded pieces. If the delay is acceptable,
however, having just one file would ease maintenance a lot.

Anyone else cares to comment on that?

Gianugo Rabellino
Pro-netics s.r.l.

View raw message