cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject [BUG] Wrong error messages in database modular actions.
Date Sat, 17 May 2003 17:16:34 GMT
Hi:

I am using Modular Database actions. I also turned on all the
<throw-exceptions> option in the configuration of all 3 Actions. When an
error occur it always attach this string:

"Could not add record"

to the raised error (generated by JBDC Driver) even when we are deleting
or updating a record.

The complete error String I got is:

<snip>
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Could not add record:
java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: $2 referential integrity violation - key in
bancos still referenced from empleados
</snip>

The string is located at:

org.apache.cocoon.acting.modular.DatabaseAction.act(DatabaseAction.java:800)

I think we dont need to attach any string, since the message returned by
the JDBC controler is clear.

I the worst case we need to change the String to something like:

"A Database error" or "Cannot process the requested SQL statement".

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo