cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: [RT] FOM
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 11:12:57 GMT
On 27.May.2003 -- 01:44 AM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> NOTE: methods that were left out where
>
>  - input/output module support

> the reason for the first goes together with callAction(). Input/output
> modules were designed to overcome limitations in the scriptability of
> the sitemap.

No, not really. That is their prominent use, but the idea is that they
provide an extra level of abstraction for input and output. Through
this and the ability to stack them, it is possible to have e.g. a
generic wildcard matcher and match some fancy -- even computed --
value without implementing a bunch of similar matchers. One could even
hide access to a database with them. Thus there is great potential
e.g. for refactoring an application by simply exchanging the module.

Actually, I would like to see access to session attributes, request
paramters and the like forbidden from flow and require this
indirection.

However, a different API would be nice e.g.:

   value = cocoon.input['request-param']['attribute-name']

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de