cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <>
Subject Unplugging
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 05:13:50 GMT
Hi everybody,

I've decided to unplug for a while.  I'm in the midst of packing up and
moving to a new apartment, and with the summer semester starting at
school, I'm finding that I have less and less time to devote to the lists.

On top of that, I'm not even using Cocoon at work. The project that I've
been rolling around in my noodle for the past few months has hit a
critical point, where either I keep working out it, and be totally
uninterested in it, or put the breaks on it and come back later when I
have the passion again.  Although I've had several people inquiring about
the project (RSS weather feeds), and the time seems right to "unleash" it
as it were, I don't think I could put forth a decent effort into the
project, and risk releasing a shoddy service.

With the extra classwork, and the "daily grind" as it were, I'm also
becoming less and less interested in programming as a hobby.
Unfortunately, these lists, and Cocoon in general fall under the "hobby"
umbrella, so I've decided that I need a break.

Blogging will be light (see URL below), if at all, and I'll be unsubbing
from the Cocoon lists until I'm no longer burnt-out.  I could be gone a
week, a month, or even more.  (Hopefully not anything as drastic as a
year, though :) )  On a side note, I have been immensely pleased to see
Stefano and Carsten patch things up between them.  The skies have indeed
cleared a considerable amount in Cocoon Land the past couple days.

Ciao everybody,

Tony Collen
ICQ: 12410567
Cocoon: Internet Glue (A weblog about Apache Cocoon)

View raw message