cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject [OT] What is OSS [was: Cocoon Stammtisch]
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 20:11:48 GMT
On Monday 19 May 2003 11:06 am, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Moreover, since just because this _is_ OSS, nobody has the right to urge
> you to do something, unless you have some support contract with them. In
> that case, this is no more OSS, but a business relationship.

Hmmm.... Question to the community;

If I buy a product, that comes with source code (plenty of them), but not
allowed to re-distribute/resell, is this Open Source Software??

FYI, OpenSMS portray in their material "OSS license", but I got the news today
that;
1. The product cost Euro 30.000.
2. Comes with source
3. Not allowed to resell the product, only the Value-Add.
4. Not allowed to redistribute the source.

Niclas