cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <>
Subject Making reloadability more fine-grained
Date Sun, 04 May 2003 07:37:37 GMT

'allow-reload' was switched off during some file upload changes:

I gather this was for security reasons, as its not good to allow random
users to restart Cocoon with ?cocoon-reload=yes

However this also removes the auto-reloading of cocoon.xconf, something I
find very handy.

So how about decoupling those two means of triggering a reload.  Instead
of a single 'allow-reload' flag, have one for cocoon.xconf, and another
for the cocoon-reload request parameter:

<!-- If cocoon.xconf changes, do we reload Cocoon to pick up the change?  -->

<!-- Does ?cocoon-reload=yes params trigger a Cocoon reload? -->

Then, to keep backwards-compatibility, the 'allow-reload' parameter acts
as an override:

<!-- Overrides above allow-reload-* parameters

(commented out by default)

Does this sound okay?  Attached is the proposed patch to CocoonServlet.

View raw message