cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <>
Subject RE: Backend cache invalidation
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 14:47:17 GMT
Geoff Howard <> WROTE:

> >Have you had a look at the DBPrism stuff? It has a such cache
> >integration. [1] ...but I haven't tested this yet.
> >
> >Just seen the advertisements from Marcelo F. Ochoa from time
> to time ;)
> >
> >I think it is a good idea ...the only problem is the backend
> >integration.
> >--
> >Torsten
> >
> >[1]
> I looked at his stuff before when I started on the JMS
> component but decided that I liked the flexibility of the
> pub/sub decoupling and the easier integration with EJB layers
> instead of raw database.

Yes, I'd agree this is preferable.

> By the way, I've also just been thinking about a different
> pipeline caching algorithm that would be "optimistic" or
> "asynchronous" - if it's in the cache, use it without
> checking validity first. Then, clean up later if it was invalid.

Ah yes, a guy who used to work with me many years ago used to describe this
as the "I'm sorry algorithm"....  For Cocoon checking validity doesn't seem
to be heavy enough or present much in the way of locking issues that I can
really see why you'd want to do this?

View raw message