cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@stjude.org>
Subject RE: Backend cache invalidation
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 14:19:10 GMT
Arjé Cahn <Arje@hippo.nl> wrote:

> Peter,
>
> We're using a validity registry that holds a key/value pair
> for each object to be cached. The generator checks the
> registry: is the object still valid or should I fetch an
> update? 1) not in the registry -> go get it, set value to true
> 2) in the registry, value = false -> go get it, set value to true
> 3) in the registry, value = true -> return cached
>
> This is a pull-mechanism to fetch objects from your database.
> PUSHing them into the cache (what you suggest) might be a bit
> more difficult.

Huh? Don't understand what you're getting at.

I'm not trying to change anything in the way the Cocoon caching mechanism
works (and I've looked at the Cocoon code and know how it works).  All I'm
looking to do is introduce a new cache validity object that knows when to
stop signaling valid (true) as a result of the back end telling it that it
is in fact no longer valid...