cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject RE: [proposal] some changes to SourceResolver.resolve(baseURI,location, params)
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 11:52:22 GMT
On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 12:12, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi Bruno,
>
> your proposal makes sense and it looks good.

great.

>  I see only a minor
> problem, the source resolver code is released as 1.0, so we
> should perhaps find a way to apply the changes without getting
> incompatible.
> If I'm right, the only real incompatible change would be the
> SourceFactory interface

that's right.

>  - so if this can still be kept compatible
> perhaps by using a "new ExtendedSourceFactory" interface it
> would be great.
>
> What do you think?

Another idea just entered my mind (via marc): what about adding an extra
set of components to handle relative-to-absolute uri conversion, in
parallel with the source resolver factories.

For each scheme, it is then possible to define the relative uri
resolving strategy to use.

<uri-absolutizers>
  <component-instance class="...DefaultAbsolutizer" name="*"/>
  <component-instance class="...NoAuthorityAbsolutizer" name="cocoon"/>
  <component-instance class="...NoAuthorityAbsolutizer" name="context"/>
  <component-instance class="...NotSupportedAbsolutizer" name="mailto"/>
</uri-absolutizers>

This would also solve the backwards-incompatibility problem, and
generally seems like a nicer solution to me.