cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject Re: [RT/BUG] XSP processing
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 22:37:52 GMT
> > After talking with Scott on the resin list I took a closer look
> > into the the AbstractMarkupLanguage and I realized that our XSP
> > part (AFAICS) does *not* use the proper Avalon components to do
> > the code creation!!! ...instead used the SAX stuff directly. OUTCH!
>

> :)
> It does not. Since the inception of XSP.

It does not not use? Or what do you mean ;)
...anyway - I haven't realized this so far

> > "XMLReader", "XMLFilter" and a "TransformerChainBuilderFilter"
> > are being used.
> >
> > Not sure - this *migt* be fixable (well, let's better call it
> > "worked around") by specifing some more properties (so the proper
> > XMLReaderFactory is being used) but...
>

> You can start fixing it by replacing those XMLReaders with proper
> Excalibur parsers.

That's what I wanted to do :)
Not sure if this will work with the XMLFilter approach though :-/
I'll check that tomorrow.

> > Aren't we are building a pipeline in there?
>

> Pipeline of XSP logicsheets, yes. Built dynamically using reactor
> pattern (remember C1?)

Ooooh... yes, I do ;)

We still have a live system out there.

> > For me this asks
> > for reuse. We are already have something (kinda) like that.
>

> This machinery was reused when sitemap was compiled. It was using same
> code. As compiled sitemap is gone, now there is nobody to reuse with.
> Except, if you implement ReactorTransformer (a.k.a C1Transformer), it
> might have common parts with this code.

Hm... I need to think about this :-/

> > ...or am I here totally off the track?
>

> No, just 90% of the time ;-)

:-P ..hope that was just a teaser!! ;-)

> > BTW:
> > why is the Logicsheet and NamedLogicsheet deprecated?
>

> I guess this is mistake. But let's Carsten comment on it.

Yeah, I definitly like to hear a comment from Mr. Pipeline ;)

cheers
--
Torsten