cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Miles Egan <mi...@caddr.com>
Subject Re: deploying and updating a cocoon site
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 15:43:07 GMT
On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 23:00, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> on 5/20/03 7:39 PM Miles Egan wrote:
>
> > Right now deploying and updating a cocoon site with new cocoon builds is
> > fairly painful.  I have to directly edit the cocoon.xconf to toggle
> > check-reload for the sitemap and edit the top-level sitemap to mount my
> > sitemap.  It would be great if there were a way to do this without
> > having to mangle the distributed versions of these files.  Is there any
> > way to do this that I'm missing?
>
> No, since we are aiming for big changes in this realm, we decided to
> release cocoon 2.1 and attack that problem right after.
>
> We are aware of the lack of usability of cocoon from that side and being
> *myself* terribly annoyed by it, I can't wait until we do release 2.1 to
> start doing something about it.
>
> This is all I can tell you right now.

Thanks to everybody that replied.  I think for now I'm just going to
maintain separate copies of cocoon.xconf and the sitemap and clobber the
cocoon copy when I start it up.  It means manually merging new stuff in
from these files when they change in cvs, but I can live with that for
now.

It would also be pretty helpful if I could refer to global system
properties in either file.  It would help a lot if I could "ant run
-Dcocoon.check-reload=false" or something like that and refer to this
parameter in the xconf or sitemap files.  I couldn't figure out a way to
do this now (except maybe a custom input module for the sitemap).  Is
there a way?

miles

--
Miles Egan <miles@caddr.com>