cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Tests / Samples Code Coverage
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 02:16:02 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As we all know our tests are ... ahem ... lag well behind code
> development. Current tests code coverage of Cocoon is *3.5% *for Cocoon
> core classes and blocks classes (deprecated, mocks, test, and samples
> classes are excluded). For the graphical representation of this
> statement go to:
>     http://nagoya.apache.org/~vadim/coverage-tests/
> (kudos to authors of schematron block for 85.7% coverage!)

Brilliant. What a useful tool. How do you see it being used
in an opensource project? Perhaps one committer occasionally
generates the reports, just as you have done today. Should some
of us pitch in some dollars so that we can buy this tool for you?

5. Interpreting the report
http://www.thecortex.net/clover/tutorial/tut4.html

> When taking samples webapp into account, picture is brighter (*35.8%!*):
>     http://nagoya.apache.org/~vadim/coverage-samples/

This is extra brilliant. It also shows us whether our samples
are properly exercising and demonstrating the power of Cocoon.

> But it's real trouble to click through all the samples manually,

Not sure what you mean here.

> and not all of them are working right now.

We need another process to ensure samples are present and working.
... wiki:SamplesRefactor is a start.

Thanks for all your work Vadim.

--David