cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jakob Praher <jpra...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: cocoon:// design bug?
Date Sun, 18 May 2003 17:16:14 GMT
Am Son, 2003-05-18 um 18.00 schrieb Stefano Mazzocchi:
> on 5/17/03 11:26 PM Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
> > Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >
> with "real blocks", you don't need cocoon:// at all! It will be left for
>  back compatibility, but I'll propose to deprecate it and trigger a
> DEPRECATION warning in the logs if used.

+1000 for this.
The problem with cocoon:// is that it is the absolute root and not the
"logical root" of the app, as a complex app may be mounted on /foo/bar.
[ and it is important that the app should not know where gets mounted to
] - This is my experience with working with mounted sub-apps in coocon.

-- Jakob