cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jakob Praher <jpra...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: FYI: Using Java to define Cocoon Flow
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 21:30:27 GMT
Am Die, 2003-05-13 um 23.33 schrieb Stefano Mazzocchi:
> on 5/13/03 2:15 PM Jason Foster wrote:
>
> > <snip/>
> >
> >>yes, a "Jython with continuations" implementation of the flow engine
> >>would please me.
> >

> > So somebody takes the toolkit that Ovidiu mentioned that provides
> > continuations support to any Java code, add it to the BSF, and *whammo*
> > we can do flow in NetRexx ;)
>
> too bad that continuation support in java code is commercial and AFAIK,
> patent pending. The most distant couple for open source projects :-/
>
> And "breaks", well, I want to see performance comparison firsts, the
> concept sounds as hacky as hell.

does the patent only apply to the ATCT tool?
I read the paper from the leuven university:
http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~tim/MOS/brakes.html, which is quite
interesting. Only the type inference could be a little bit tricky to
implement.
I downloaded the brakes impl which is licensened under the Academic Free
License - This is an OSI registered license - but the question is, if it
can be used when the product is used comercially?

perhaps anyone has experience with that license...

-- Jakob