cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Should we catch java.lang.Error? (was RE: XMLForm and sitemap problem (fwd))
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 14:41:04 GMT
On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 16:31, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le Jeudi, 8 mai 2003, à 16:20 Europe/Zurich, Bruno Dumon a écrit :
>
> > ...What kind of loops do you have in mind?
>
> (I hope we do not restart an issue like "redirects in
> map:handle-errors" ;-)
>
> Scenario:
> 1. Serializer throws NoClassDefFoundError
> 2. error handler catches it, attempts to generate a nice error page
> 3. nice error page pipeline throws another NoClassDefFoundError
> 4. back to 2. for more fun...

Are you sure about this? I would assume that if an error occurs in the
error-handler, it is not handled again in the same error-handler, but is
simply thrown further on. But I don't know, I would need to check it in
the code.

Anyway, if we'd handle it very simply in the CocoonServlet (or Cocoon)
class, this would not be a problem. The point is to leave at least some
trace of what went wrong.