cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Use Xalan CVS snapshot instead of released version? (was Re: [Bug] multiple Xalan transformations and i18n doesn't function wi th latest Cocoon snapshot)
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 13:45:03 GMT
On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 14:52, David Crossley wrote:
> Bruno Dumon wrote:
> > Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> > The question should be: why not?

> > > I'm more in favor of reverting to older version than adding CVS version.
> >
> > Hmmm, that's then two against one.
> >
> > If we revert to 2.4.1 now, we'll never spot any other bugs in 2.5, and
> > so 2.6 may also not be usable for us.
> >
> > But I'm happy to follow the majority, if nobody else speaks up, I'll
> > revert to 2.4.1 by, say, monday evening.
>
> I will level the score then - i am in favour of using newer versions
> of important jars.

Where do we go from here? Wait some more? We should make a decission
before the M2 release.

To summarize the situation:
Xalan 2.5 contains a blocking bug (namespaces in endElement events can
be incorrect when mixing namespaced and non-namespaced elements). This
bug is fixed in Xalan CVS. So now we can either go back to 2.4.1 while
waiting for a 2.5.1, or we can work with a CVS snapshot.