cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Did we lose samples + samples from external projects (was: Falsh using Cocoon)
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 09:11:15 GMT
Tony Collen wrote:
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
> > IMHO, for blocks which integrate external projects like FOP into
> > Cocoon, samples should concentrate on the integration between the
> > external project and Cocoon.
>
> I agree... the fact that we were generating the majority of those samples
> from the same "Hello World" document and transforming them into all of the
> different formats was one of the things that made Cocoon so cool back when
> I was first looking at it.
>
> I think we should try to aim for the same type of samples, but show
> something a little more flashy and interesting.   Perhaps, instead of
> having a page with just "Hello World", we could have some sort of
> Cocoon-related promotional text... so with the PDF we could whip out a
> brochure or something to hand out to people.  Just my $0.02 though.

That is a great idea Tony. Perhaps this should be "as well as"
the "Hello World" stuff. Hello World should be just that.
A "brochure" set of samples would be a bit more complex.

                             --0--

Yes we did lose samples in the recent restructuring. I have
a partially finished work which attempted to list all samples
that were in the cvs prior to build restructuring, then look
at current cvs to see what is missing and while we are at it,
list what does not work. That is now at Wiki (though incomplete).
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=SamplesRefactor

--David