cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: defects in M1
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 11:37:24 GMT
On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 13:02, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just noticed a couple of defects in the new M1 distribution:
>
> 1) *.sh do not have their executable bit set.
>
> 2) INSTALL.txt has no "Step 2" describing how to compile.
>
> 3) Go: cd [Cocoon dist]
>         ./build.sh webapp
>
> And you get:
>
> Apache Cocoon Build System
> : bad interpreter: No such file or directorys/bin/ant: /bin/sh
>
> I am running: MacOSX 10.2.5 + JVM 1.4.1_01
> I have tried it on two different systems, on with Ant Binary on the
> $PATH and one without, both have the same problem.

I'm having the same problem on Linux. Solved it by changing the file
format (of the tools/bin/ant file) from dos to unix line endings.

All text files in the tar download are in DOS format, and the build.sh
and tools/bin/ant files don't have their executable flags set, so the
tar file was probably not created on a unix system. Carsten?