cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Site went live
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 17:08:46 GMT

On Friday, May 16, 2003, at 04:37 PM, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've updated the site on cocoon.apache.org. But we still need to
> update site front pages.
>
> To lenya guys: generate your site pages and commit them into
> cocoon-site/site/lenya. See also
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonReleaseHowTo (bottom)

W3.org Web Access Initiative

See:

	http://bobby.watchfire.com/bobby/
bobbyServlet?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fcocoon.apache.org%2F2.1%2F&output=Submit&g
l=wcag1-aaa&test=

A couple of fixes and we can get WAI accreditation too.

WAI/A

   Provide alternative text for all images.
     Line 418

WAI/AA

  Use relative sizing and positioning (% values) rather than absolute
(pixels).
     Lines 12, 15, 36, 56, 59, 87, 273, 283, 286, 289, 297, 324, 396,
407, 410

	(Easy way of fixing this in the CSS is to use the 'em' unit for
dimensions instead of the 'px' unit. Set (top level) font-size:10px,
then divide all your 'px' values by 10, and change their unit to 'em')

  Nest headings properly.
     Line 328
  Explicitly associate form controls and their labels with the LABEL
element.
     Line 34

WAI/AAA

  Identify the language of the text.
     Line 2
  Include default, place-holding characters in edit boxes and text areas.
     Line 34
  Separate adjacent links with more than whitespace.
     Lines 407, 41

regards Jeremy