cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Johnson <johns...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: transactions in the SQLTransformer
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 10:44:27 GMT
It should not be necessary to use the same connection for each query.
Even if you are not using a J2EE datasource, Cocoon maintains a pool of
database connections, so the connection is not actually closed after
each query. Transaction processing does not require a single database
connection, the only thing it requires is a single thread. The problem
that I experienced is that Xalan spans multiple threads, so I had to
switch to Saxon, which is single threaded. However, I was doing xslt
processing in between several instances of the SQLTransformer, so that
may or may not be an issue for you.
Brian