cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Should we catch java.lang.Error? (was RE: XMLForm and sitemap problem (fwd))
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 14:19:02 GMT
Le Jeudi, 8 mai 2003, à 16:11 Europe/Zurich, Vadim Gritsenko a écrit :
> ..There is one particular example of NoClassDefFoundError in
> ServerPagesGenerator, you may want to look at it... For inspiration...
> ;)

} catch (NoClassDefFoundError e) {
             // VG: Usually indicates that page invoked with the wrong
case.
             // I.e., it was compiled as "my.xsp" and inoked as "My.xsp",
             // results in different class name and an error.
             getLogger().warn("Failed to load class: " + e);
             throw new ResourceNotFoundException(e.getMessage());
         }

Yes, looks good when you know precisely why you're getting such an
exception.

But I think the discussion was about catching Errors or
NoClassDefFoundError at a more global level, isn't it?
In that case we have to be more careful I think, to avoid (remotely)
possible loops.

-Bertrand