cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivelin Ivanov" <ive...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status of XMLForm in Cocoon
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 02:24:56 GMT

> >>If this happens, xmlform.org would be in the same position as Chaperon
> >>and jfor for example, which (try to) live outside of Cocoon but are
> >>used here through clean interfaces.
> >

> > If you decide to go with this one, I would be available to answer
questions
> > along the way and maybe code up some of it. It should be a relatively
simple
> > task, since the XMLForm classes have mostly the same interface.
>
> Are you implying you are not intersted in doing this yourself?

No.
I simply don't have the available time at the moment to dedicate 20-30
hours.

> > The code base at xmlform.org is relatively stable now.
> > All bugs submitted in cocoon's bugzilla are fixed.
> > Other bugs which were reported on the list but were not submitted in
> > bugzilla are fixed as well.
> > The tag syntax matches this of the latest W3C XForms draft.
> > New features (some of which were submitted in bugzilla) like resubmit
> > control were implemented.
> >
> > As bad as this "fork" was handled from a community perspective, it
allowed
> > for all the improvements above to happen in timely manner.
>
> Are you implying that these changes wouldn't have been possible if
> xmlform lived in the cocoon CVS?

No. Of course it was possible.
I am just thinking that it was easier to do as an isolated piece, because
there was no additional complexity added by other components being actively
developed at the same time.

> > The last step remaining is to write the glue (ala jfor and chaperon)
between
> > xmlform.org and C2.1.
>
> Please, don't get me wrong: I'm just trying to understand and to avoid
> that others read between the lines and extrapolate bad feelings out of
this.

No problem.

-=Ivelin=-