cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Conal Tuohy" <con...@paradise.net.nz>
Subject RE: Backend cache invalidation
Date Sat, 24 May 2003 00:57:52 GMT
Hi Peter

Take a look in the CIncludeTransformer. I was looking at the caching code in
this the other day, and it has a feature called "pre-emptive" (I think)
caching which sounds similar to what you want. When the transformer is asked
to include a resource, it serves it immediately from the cache, and then if
necessary it updates the cache in the background, for the next request.
Maybe this is similar to what you're looking for?

It seems to me that this kind of thing would be nice to have in a Source or
something (not sure exactly) so it could be used in other instances, not
just for inclusions.

Cheers

Con