cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivelin Ivanov" <ive...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status of XMLForm in Cocoon
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 13:04:51 GMT
>A third option would be for you or your company to jump in an
>contribute to the re-integration of xmlform.org into Cocoon, by
>refactoring what's here to use the xmlform.org components as external
>libraries (provided the xmlform.org license allows it, but I think it
>is the case).
>
>If this happens, xmlform.org would be in the same position as Chaperon
>and jfor for example, which (try to) live outside of Cocoon but are
>used here through clean interfaces.

If you decide to go with this one, I would be available to answer questions
along the way and maybe code up some of it. It should be a relatively simple
task, since the XMLForm classes have mostly the same interface.

The code base at xmlform.org is relatively stable now.
All bugs submitted in cocoon's bugzilla are fixed.
Other bugs which were reported on the list but were not submitted in
bugzilla are fixed as well.
The tag syntax matches this of the latest W3C XForms draft.
New features (some of which were submitted in bugzilla) like resubmit
control were implemented.

As bad as this "fork" was handled from a community perspective, it allowed
for all the improvements above to happen in timely manner.

The last step remaining is to write the glue (ala jfor and chaperon) between
xmlform.org and C2.1.

-=Ivelin=-