cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin O'Neill" <>
Subject Re: [RT] the quest for the perfect template language
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 23:10:33 GMT
On Wed, 02 Apr 2003 21:53:38 +0200, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>> In that case, we must have an hybrid model where the flow pushed
>> information that allows the view to pull its content. E.g. the flow will
>> push the parameters of a SQL query which is executed by the view and has
>> its result streamed.
> *NO*!
> the view shouldn't execute anything! it's up to the controller to do
> stuff, either by connecting to objects directly or by invoquing a
> generator before the template system acting as a transformer.

But the underlying need is valid. if I've go a 20,000 record report to write
out it's going to kill the app if I need to have all those records in
memory before processing them.

I think this just means that object properties made available to the
template should be able to support lazy evaluation.

If you don't test then your code is only a collection of bugs which
apparently behave like a working program.

View raw message