cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Bug] default reader depends on JTidy!!!
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:37:58 GMT
on 4/22/03 10:54 AM Stephan Michels wrote:

> I think the concept of the XMLizer failed, because it's obsolete. If
> you are writing a 'xmlizer' for our own format, you will almost
> write a generator.

Exactly!

> And you doesn't have a mime-type mapping everywhere.
> For example the mime-type mapping doesn't work in the CLI.
> At moment if you use Cocoon in a servlet environment, JTidy is used
> for *.html, but in the CLI the default 'xmlizer' is used.
>
> I think you should avoid that by removing the xmlizer concept. We do have
> several genertor for the different formats.
>
> <generator type="file" src="{1}.xml"/>
> <generator type="html" src="{1}.html"/>
>
> What do you think?

I think everything that happens transparently is actually happening
behind my back and I want to know about it.

In this case, transparent XMLizing is *very bad* because it is hidden
underneath *TONS* of code and nobody will ever find out (I personally
found out because of the missing class, otherwise, I would not have noticed)

the source resolver should not try to outsmart its users. If i ask for a
stream of chars, give me what I ask for nothing more nothing less.

--
Stefano.